Friday, December 14, 2012

Do you wish you had a baby like E?

Yesterday while driving my nanny charge Z (4 years) and his younger sister E (8 months) to the library I had an interesting conversation with Z (I have been Z's nanny since he was 4 months old).
"Hey G?"
"Yes Bud?"
"Do you wish you had a baby like E?"
I was taken aback because I have not talked about this with Z. Although my nanny family is aware T and I are TTC because I needed to let them know about appointments and whatnot that might come up. I have discussed this with them when Z is not around or in terms that he wouldn't catch on.

"Yes I do" I replied.
"Do you dream about having a little baby like E?"
"Yes I do" I said again.  At this point I was like how is this kid reading my mind?!?

"You'll have one someday with T." He said then quickly followed that with "Hey you wanna play I spy?" and our conversation was over.

He is the sweetest guy and it just warmed my heart that he said that. Sometimes it's hard to be around kids all day when you want one so bad yourself but I wouldn't change my job for the world. I am very lucky. This morning when I asked my mom boss whether she had talked to Z about me and T having a baby she replied, "Yes, was that okay?" I said yes and she said it came up because she was telling him that she was saving all of E's clothes that are too small for her for when T and I have a baby. I almost burst into tears at this point. I have seen the clothes folded and put away in the garage but I thought they were waiting for a run to Goodwill. Not the case. These are clothes that my boss is saving for the hope that T and I will someday have a baby.
In the nanny world there is much talk about being a homosexual and being a nanny. Will parents frown on it? Is it something you should tell your nanny family? I have always been the nanny that is probably too close to her nanny family but I do practice a somewhat professional relationship with my nanny families. I am not friends with them on FB nor do I text them or hang out with them on the weekend. With  that being said, they all know I am gay and as far as I can tell they are all okay with it. I speak of T and our lives together just like any other married couple would. I have even had T come along to my current job and past jobs when it's going to be a late night and if she want's to get in some baby snuggle time.  I know that I may not look like the "typical" lesbian or even wear my "gayness" on my sleeve but I do make it a point to NEVER hide the life I live.  Z and my current family came to my wedding to T and he still remembers the yummy punch he had at the wedding. I am lucky that my child will be brought into a community of family and friends that we have created that will welcome him/her with open arms.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

That's adorable that he said that, and so sweet of your client to talk to him and to be storing baby clothes for you! I wish you all the best on your baby making journey and am following along. I can't remember if I posted before to say hello? I'm blogging at www.pepibebe.wordpress.com

Post a Comment

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting